Monday, April 30, 2012

On a philosophical roll, just in case you thought this blog was dead

There is, and rightfully so, a lot of focus on Christian martyrs and others that have suffered for the kingdom. I believe these people deserve great rewards in heaven and that they're on the forefront of the faith. However, as "one of the others", it is easy to get discouraged. I don't ever feel like i'm doing enough for the kingdom unless I've thrown it all away and pursue only the kingdom. At the same time, I know I have obeyed God's will these last few years and I know I am where he placed me. I'm working for a defense contractor and having from what I see, very little direct kingdom impact and doing a whole lot of suffering. How do I reconcile these two worlds?

Is it possible that in suffering at LM, even though it isn't for a direct "Kingdom" cause, I am suffering for God? Or is this merely an excuse for not completely selling out my life for God?

Just some thoughts

2 comments:

Loon Watchman said...

i think the goal must always be obedience, not suffering. and when we truly obey, it will, at times, involve suffering. and at other times, it will be wildly pleasurable.

Lon

Unknown said...

Agree! It just feels that suffering while in obedience but not in a way that is obviously for the kingdom is readily discounted within the church.

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
;